Sunday, September 12, 2010

Why Us Kids Weren't In School

I don't just sit there and gripe about the problems in our world- I actually take action to change what's wrong. Gandhi said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." While we're talking about world problems, I couldn't resist a slam to public schools... Thursday, while the public schoolers were sitting at desks, doing boring, mundane- not to mention mindless- "schoolwork", what were my friends and I doing? We were at the annual NOT-Back-to-School Beach Party, celebrating our homeschooled lives by running around a beach, playing friendly sports, laughing and talking about real life! It makes me sad to think that public school imprisonment is acceptable to the majority of people. This was apparent when two senior citizens asked me and a group of friends, "Why aren't you kids in school?" I responded with a smile, "We're homeschoolers, and we're celebrating the fact that we're NOT going back to school!" One of my friends added, "As all those kids are sitting at desks right now, we're outside playing Ultimate Frisbee!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment